Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Giving my SF Bay Area Readers a Heads up

I'll be in town on September 16 doing a presentation for the California Health Incentives Improvement Project. It will focus on disability benefits and employment emphasizing the Medi-Cal 250% Working Disabled Program and www.db101.org and its benefits calculators... Miraculous tools as far as I'm concerned...

All the deets as follows:

“250% WORKING DISABLED
MEDI-CAL PROGRAM”

Did you know that you may be able to receive Medi-Cal health coverage if you are a person with a disability and working full time, part time, or self employed? You can.

Learn vital information about this underutilized program:
• How much can I earn?
• Is there a premium?
• Can I receive personal assistance where I work?
• How do I qualify?
• Can I keep Medi-Cal if I no longer qualify for SSI?
• What if I pay a high share of cost now?

The CHIIP, APLA, and WCIL are partners for these events. These workshops are open to persons with disabilities and professionals who work with persons with disabilities.


Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Time: 1:00 to 4:00 PM
Presenters: Teddie-Joy Remhild and Michael Van Essen
Place: State Building (Auditorium)
455 Golden Gate
San Francisco, CA 94103


To Register: e-mail Patrick Regan at pregan@cve.org

CHIIP • APLA • WCIL

Equal opportunity employer/program.
Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities

1 comment:

Nebris said...

Michael, I'm on SSI here in California and I have been searching everywhere on the web to find if more cuts are coming to our monthly amount, and if so, how much and when?

Your blog keeps popping up each time I've searched, so I thought it would make sense if I asked you.

Thanks for any enlightenment in the matter...