Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Response to Bill's Comment

A reader named Bill asked about someone he knows who has AIDS and is no longer receiving Employer Provided healthcare coverage. Sounds familiar right?

Bill, if this individual is ill and is having difficulty working he could apply for Social Security Disability Insurance. That will eventually provide him with Medicare coverage.

I don't know if Bill resides in California but, if so, and he is not enrolled already, he must check into the AIDS Drug Assistance Program, now that he has no private insurance. (This would apply to other states that have ADAP programs as well. What and who ADAPs cover differs from State to State.)

Also, get in touch with Jacques Chambers. He is expert in private insurance and disability coverage matters. He has always been a great help. His phone number is 1-888-739-2595 and his website is

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

No comments: