Seeking candidates and referrals for the position of
HIV VACCINE STUDY RECRUITER
AIDS Research Alliance (ARA), a non-profit community-based medical research organization, is seeking
candidates for the position of HIV VACCINE STUDY RECRUITER. Located in Los Angeles, CA, ARA
exists to develop a cure for HIV/AIDS, medical modalities to prevent new infections, and better treatments for
those living with HIV.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and out-going person who has demonstrated community
engagement experience with the men-who-have-sex (MSM) community and significant knowledge of MSM
social venues. The recruiter is a part-time temporary position (anticipated at 15 hours/week). Most outreach
will be conducted at night (anytime from 5 PM to 2 AM) and weekends. A four to six month commitment is
Profile of position
The ideal recruiter will engage 18-45 year-old, HIV-negative men who have sex with men, or male-to-female
transgender individuals who have sex with men in a variety of NON-TRADITIONAL venues to participate in
an HIV vaccine research study. Recruiters will work in teams to spread awareness about an important HIV
vaccine study, disseminate recruitment information to potential volunteers, as well as obtain contact
information regarding potential study participants in these non-traditional venues.
• Outreach to MSM and LGBT populations
• Distribute recruitment materials in non-traditional settings, mostly in evening hours (including late nights)
• Collect contact information (re: potential study volunteers)
• Prepare weekly recruitment reports
• Assist with other community events
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven experience engaging with the MSM community, especially in NON-TRADITIONAL settings
• Culturally-competent to work with LGBT, academic and underserved communities
• High level of discretion and integrity
• Strong attention to detail
• Extremely reliable
• Ability to work in non-traditional venues with the utmost professionalism
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and clinical research preferred
• Spanish speaking is a plus
• An offer of employment is also conditioned upon the satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug
• To apply, please send an email with “Recruiter” in the subject line, and include a cover letter indicating
how your experience meets the requirements of the position and your resume to email@example.com
• To refer a qualified candidate, please ask the candidate to send an email with “Recruiter” in the subject
line, and include a cover letter highlighting how their experience meets the requirements of the position
and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, ARA maintains a drug-free workplace.
• AIDS Research Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• No phone calls, please.